What’s Happening This Christmas 2016? November 21 2016
Christmas 2016 is well on it’s way now! How do we know? Well, here’s just a few things we noticed here in Dublin, Ireland…
- Halloween is a distant memory and all the decorations are back up in the attic
- Smyths Toy Store is now open until 11pm every night
- The Grafton Street Christmas Lights were officially turned on last Sunday
- All the leaves are nearly off the trees
- The Kris Kindle list of whose buying for who has been made
- The An Post flyer of postal dates came through the letter box
- Advent calendars are in the shops
- Parents are starting to use that old favourite of “Santa is watching!”
- It’s impossible to book a restaurant
- We’ve eaten our first mince pie
- Turkeys are getting nervous
- It even tried to snow today! Fingers crossed for a white one…
- And finally, Christmas Fairs are happening all over the country
Speaking of Christmas Fairs, we’ve got a few favourites that Snowgrass attends and has a stall at.
First up is the Marlay Park Craft held in the big house from Friday 18th November to Sunday 20th November. We won’t actually be in the big house as we’ll be in our usual spot on Sunday outside.
Next is the St Enda’s Christmas Market on Saturday 26th November and Sunday 27th November. The market is set in the lovely courtyard and the brilliant Rathfarnham Ukelele Group are playing on Sunday. It is such a lovely setting and perfect for an outing with the family, especially since Santa Claus will be making an appearance.
Then there is the Ballyroan Christmas Fair on Wednesday 7th December which is always fantastic as it is held in the evening with all the Christmas lights sparkling.
And then finally Airfield are holding their first ever Christmas event. And as with everything that Airfield do we know it will be picture-perfect. The Airfield Estate Christmas Experience runs for most of the month of December and we will be there on Saturday 10th December and Sunday 11th December.
We hope to see you at one of these Christmas Fairs :-)